Tuesday 23 December 2014

Girl's Christmas

Every year a friend of mine hosts the most fabulous get together for a group of  girls that includes friends and her sister-in-laws. I have been lucky enough to be included in this festive party for the past three years, and over the years we have all become friends. It is a lovely group of women. Not only does everyone bring a yummy snack, but we have an gift exchange that is the mother of all exchanges. Seriously. We look forward to this night all year. Well, I know I do :) The theme is "my favourite things," and each girl gifts nine of their favourite thing... one for each girl. It is so fun and you really get a mix of different gifts because we all have different tastes and hobbies. 

So, if you have a group of girlfriends, no matter the size, you should really consider adding this to your holiday get together. And if I haven't sold this idea enough, here are the nine gifts I received at this year's party.

From the tea lover- her favourite blend and an adorable mesh ball infuser.


From the health foodie gal and the wine lover friend- a cliff bar and a wine cork with a pump to keep that unused wine fresh!


From the girl whose mother is an amazing crocheter... the most adorable headband, with a gloss to match.


From the frequent traveller- an adorable bag of mini toiletries.


From the girl who loves baths- a relaxation kit including bath salts, body wash, a luffa, and of course chocolate.


From the mountain lover- a special ornament for our Christmas tree


From the latte lover- a $5 gift card to a local coffee shop and a gloss to re-apply after drinking the latte.


From the girl with a sweet tooth- a chocolate snack.


I have a  thing for cupcakes and muffins, and so this year I gave everyone a cupcake/muffin holder to make travelling with your treat easier. I also made personalized jewellery trays for each girl. For those of you who want to try this, I used a box of clay from Hobby Lobby. I rolled small amounts of clay into a ball and then rolled it out with a rolling pin. I then used a circle cookie cutter to get my shape. I used letter stamps to personalize each tray, and before baking them in the oven I turned up the edges to give each one a unique shape. Super easy :)

Christmas is right around the corner! I hope everyone is having a healthy and relaxing holiday season with your loved ones. From our family to yours, 
Merry Christmas!!

~ K


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like fun. So I give out the same gift to however many girls attend? Did I get that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes :) so whatever you choose you buy/make, you need enough for however many girls are there. So I made 9 trays and bought 9 cupcake holders!

    ReplyDelete