Saturday 20 June 2015

Ode to "dada"

I know, I know. I've been totally MIA this last month. In all honesty, my idea bank went dry. Time is passing by so quickly and lately I've had very little 'me' time. With no me time, I felt like I did not have much to talk about. I have three weeks off during the month of July so I'm hoping my creative juices start flowing again!

Father's Day is tomorrow. My husband doesn't read the blog, which is probably for the best as he gets enough material to tease me about just from living with me everyday... but especially for this post since I'm revealing Max's gifts to his daddy! :)

Max made a super cute t-shirt for for his dada with his face silk screened on it. It is hilarious. If you follow me on instagram you will get to see him rocking it tomorrow during Father's Day celebrations. 

I went for the homemade theme this year.. I made homemade protein bars and borrowed a cute idea from Pinterest. The bars are soooo yummy. I definitely recommend these. 

High Protein Fudge Bars
8 scoops of chocolate protein (I used four because the scoop was huge)
 1 c Oatmeal, quick oats
1/3 cup natural PB (I used regular)
3 tbsp honey
1/2 c milk (I used 2%)
3 tbsp peanuts chopped (I used walnuts)

Mix protein and oats together. Add PB in liquid form (microwave). Mix then add honey. Add milk, starting with less than 1/2 c until mixed together. Spread evenly in 8' pan (I used the center of a 9' pan). spread nuts over top. Mixture will be very sticky! Put in fridge 45 minutes then cut. Makes 5 (I was able to get 6.. I cut down the middle horizontally and then split each half into three. Wrap in parchment/wax paper and keep in the fridge.
50g protein, 36 g carbs
very sticky but delicious!


Max is such a happy boy. He has definitely moved into the toddler stage..1 1/2 years old next month! He still loves books and putting things into buckets and other containers. He is a very organized little guy. We are having so much fun with him :)

 I hope everyone has a wonderful day celebrating the special dads and father figures in your lives
~ K

No comments:

Post a Comment