Saturday 21 November 2015

It's been awhile... but for a good reason

I have been waiting to write this post for about two months now. October, which is typically my favourite month of the year was a very interesting month for me this year. 

Let's begin with the good news :)
We are going to be adding to our family May 2016 and Max is going to be a big brother!!! 

I am so excited to be able to hold another sweet little baby in my arms and call him/her ours. I just recently had my three month ultrasound, which eased my mind and finally allowed me to be excited and yell from the rooftops that I'm pregnant.

Too bad for me this pregnancy so far has literally been the polar opposite of my experience of being pregnant with Max. The month of October saw me feeling extremely nauseous and ill, morning. noon. and night. Especially night. I'm now on Diclectin which is my new best friend. I don't know why I did not start taking it earlier, I supposed I was living in the clouds thinking it would pass, or maybe trying to be a warrior. Nonetheless, the. shit. works. my friends, so if you are ever struggling with first trimester symptoms as awful as I have been, take it.. your body (and husband) will thank you :)

Bare with me, I'm taking you back to Halloween because I still haven't posted from then! We were still able to make the most out of thanksgiving and Halloween. Thank goodness for helpful mothers and mother-in-laws who bring the meal to you! 

We had such a special moment on Halloween. We took Max to the neighbourhood where I grew up, and my next door neighbour who I baked Christmas cookies with every year when I was little still lives there. Taking Max to see her, and using my old pumpkin bucket was so special, and he did so well!! 





Also in October the year anniversary of the blog passed! Thanks to everyone who has followed me this last year, I have had so much fun dreaming up posts and sharing with you all. Unfortunately time does not allow for me to post as often as I'd like, but I am still enjoying it so much :)

I'm looking forward to filling to blog with nursery and big boy bedroom ideas in the coming months, along with Max's Cat in the Hat themed 2nd birthday party!!

Happy weekend everyone!

~ K





No comments:

Post a Comment