Saturday 7 February 2015

Our favourite songs

Ever since Max was born I have sang to him. Now, let's get one thing straight first. I am by no means a singer. I would not even say I have a decent singing voice. But I try my best. I am sure the day will come in the next few years where Max will realize this and may even possible take his hand and cover my mouth in attempt to shut me up. But for now, I will continue to sing to him while he lets me ;)

 When Max was first born there were a couple of songs that I sang to him everyday, along with some fun rhymes. These were a couple of our favourites:

The Wheels on the Bus (everybody knows this one) 

Baa Baa Black Sheep
I changed the words to.. one for Max, and one for mommy, and one for our little white puppy named Charlie :)

Bushel and Peck
I love you a bushel and peck
A bushel and peck and a hug around the neck
A hug around the neck

Zoom Zoom Zoom!
 Zoom Zoom Zoom, We're going to the moon.
Zoom Zoom Zoom, We're leaving very soon.
If you want to take a trip, Climb aboard my rocket ship,
Zoom Zoom Zoom, We're going to the moon.
5,4,3,2,1--BLAST OFF!

 Everybody Knows That I Love Your  Toes

Everybody knows I love your toes, everybody knows I love your toes! 
I love your feet, your hands, your mouth and your nose!
And everybody knows that I love your toes! 

Round and Round the Garden 
Round and round the garden
Like a teddy bear
One step, two step
Tickle you under there

Once Max was a bit bigger and not as fragile I started doing more mobile song play with him:

A Smooth Road
Here is a video of how to do this song play with your little one. I promise I look much cooler doing it with Max ;)
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZKkwRseAE

The grand old Duke of York
Oh, The grand old Duke of York,
He had ten thousand men;
He marched them up to the top of the hill,
And he marched them down again.

And when they were up, they were up,
And when they were down, they were down,
And when they were only half-way up,
They were neither up nor down.

One day when I took Max to a gross motor play group and they sang this song in circle time. We both loved it and so I added it to our list of favs. 

 Monday Night The Banjo
Monday night the banjo,
playing on the radio, 
I like the radio, and I like “A”.
”A” is for “Avery”, pretty pretty Mary,
 all the children adore her
, give her a kiss good night, 
(kiss, kiss) sleep tight.

Monday night the banjo,
 playing on the radio,
 I like the radio, and I like “M”.
 "M” is for “Max”, handsome handsome Max, all the children adore him
, give him a kiss good night,
 (kiss, kiss) sleep tight.

At night, part of our bedtime routine includes songs as well. I have sang "You are my Sunshine" to Max every night since he was born, along with another song that I will keep close to my heart. 

Singing to Max in my questionable voice and doing song play with him will be one of the best memories I will have of his childhood. These fun songs have allowed us to have many sweet and funny moments together. So if you are like me, don't worry about it. Belt out those tunes because your babe loves hearing your voice!! :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We are in full Valentine's mode over here... with festive daycare art from Max and yummy snacks.. white chocolate popcorn with a dash of festive sprinkles!! Try it.. it is sooooo good.


 
Thanks for stopping by!

~ K

No comments:

Post a Comment