Thursday 27 November 2014

Tried, Tested and True!

This week I was feeling ambitious and decided to try a few new recipes, all which turned out great and received the official "yeah you can make that again" from my husband. 

I love sweet potatoes and  I am always trying to find different ways to prepare them. This recipe was more like a dessert then a side, it literally melts in your mouth. Next year I am hosting Thanksgiving for my family, and while they are a pretty traditional bunch I think i am going to try to throw a curve ball at them ;)

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/yummy-sweet-potato-casserole/detail.aspx

These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies were sooo yummy. They did not last very long. I baked about two minutes more then the suggested time since they didn't seem quite ready at the suggested 11 min mark. 

http://www.averiecooks.com/2014/11/the-best-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

This recipe was so satisfying, and it made a ton. It gave us enough to have dinner, both of us to have lunch the following day and I was able to freeze a large bowl for Max and I to share some night with Kirk works late. I put three chicken breasts in the crockpot. The end result was very thick because there was so much chicken in it, but my husband tends to comment on the quantity of meat in my dishes so I loaded up on this one.

http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2013/10/15-slow-cooker-recipes.html?m=1

Tonight I tried this salad. It is more a summer/fall salad but I was craving something like this, and I needed a side to go with the tilapia main dish. Since it was just the two us us eating the salad, I should have cut the dressing recipe in half. No use using pricey ingredients like honey when you don't need too. This was actually my first time making my own dressing. It was really good and fairly mild too which I like in a vinaigrette.

http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2014/10/apple-cranberry-walnut-salad.html

It has been a busy week at our house. It's days like today I wish there was 30 hours in the day.. or at least an extra two hours after Max goes to bed where I still feel awake enough to get things done. I am looking forward to the weekend. We are trimming our tree and going to the mall to browse, which honestly I have only done twice since Max was born last January. So I am e.x.c.i.t.e.d. 

... and because this would be a boring post without pictures, a little eye candy for you.. our holiday mantle and the cutest little pup modelling his festive sweater :) 





~K

No comments:

Post a Comment